Oil Stain Removal FAQ
For Best Results:
- Sweep stained area free from dirt and debris.
- Sprinkle TERMINATOR-HSD sparingly over the dry-stained area.
- Sweep in all directions into surface pores using fine bristle broom, until powder will not sweep any further.
- Lightly mist the area with water – ensuring that the product is not over wet and running – leave to dry.
- Leave in place – never wash off, the product will self degrade as it runs out of oils etc to feed off.
- Dry Climates? mist with water periodically. The more often you do this, the quicker the performance of the product.
- Old or heavily soaked in stains may require additional treatments.
- Monitor results and repeat treatment every 1-2 weeks as necessary until stain fades to the desired level.
Treatment of Fresh (wet) Spill on Hard Surface:
- Spread enough product to soak up all the pooling oil.
- Once absorbed by the TERMINTAOR-HSD, all petroleum compounds are fully encapsulated and will be completely cleaned (bio-remediated), leaving behind environmentally safe H20 and CO2.
- Absorbed material may be left for TERMINATOR-HSD to clean and dispose of. Alternatively, you may sweep it up and dispose of according to local regulations.
- Once the surface becomes dry, treat according to normal (above) instructions.
Fresh or Old Petroleum Spill on Concrete & Asphalt:
For fresh spills on hard surfaces (ie: concrete or asphalt) spread enough product to soak up all pooling hydrocarbons. Once absorbed by TERMINATOR-HSD, all petroleum hydrocarbons are fully encapsulated and will be completely bio-remediated, resulting in environmentally safe compounds such as water and carbon dioxide. Absorbed material may be left for nature to bio-remediate, or may be swept up and disposed of according to local regulations. For older stains apply T-HSD to the affected area, allow for 4-6 applications to fully remove any carbon shadows.
Restore the surface back to before the stain.
Is it safe?
TERMINATOR-HSD is safe for human handling, pet-friendly and safe for the environment, non-hazardous.
What type of stains will it remove?
TERMINATOR-HSD removes stains from Mineral Motor Oil, Synthetic Motor Oil, Hydraulic Fluid, Brake Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Radiator Fluid, Lube Oil and Grease. It will also remove stains from mineral oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, kitchen grease, fat, soda pop, sugars, and proteins.
How fast does it work?
TERMINATOR-HSD will remove your stain in a few days for fresh and shallow stains, or a few weeks for larger, deeper and older stains. Many factors affect the speed of the process including temperature, type of stain, moisture, the age of stain, amount of oil, the composition of the concrete/asphalt. TERMINATOR-HSD will remove the stain, but with microbial products, keep in mind, this is a time driven process.
How do I make it work the fastest?
1) Apply TERMINATOR-HSD on a dry surface
2) Sweep into the pores
3) Mist the area with water using a kitchen spray bottle (do not use so much water to cause the powder to wash away)
4) Allow to dry – it will “set up”, appearing like a fresh concrete layer
5) The more often you moisten the area the faster it will work.
How often should I reapply?
Where does the oil go?
The microbes in TERMINATOR-HSD eat all petroleum compounds and through their digestive process, leave behind environmentally safe water and carbon dioxide. Over time nature washes away any remaining residue, leaving a stain-free area.
Will rain wash it away?
Rain is actually a tremendous help for this product! Some of the product may wash away, but even with heavy rain, many TERMINATOR-HSD microbes will remain to do the job.
Can I use it in my garage?
Yes, but the TERMINATOR-HSD microbes will act slowly due to the lack of moisture. Regular misting with water throughout the process is recommended for indoor environments.
Do I need to use water?
For outdoor use, you do not need to apply water, but for quickest results, periodically misting with water helps – the more often the faster the stain will be removed (this is highly recommended if you live in an exceptionally dry environment.) All Oil-Eating Microbes need water and oxygen to function. In a dry environment, they slow down or become dormant. Rain and humidity will provide the needed water if you don’t mind waiting for nature to produce the results.
What if my stain is many years old?
TERMINATOR-HSD will consume all stains, new or old. Fresh stains generally are removed quicker than old ones.
Will the stain come back?
NO, the microbes in TERMINATOR-HSD will continue working until all Petroleum compounds are gone. The original stain will not resurface.
Will it work in the Winter?
Yes! The microbes in TERMINATOR-HSD become dormant in freezing temperatures but wake up as they warm up. Often times in the Winter, the ground temperature is above freezing. When the sun warms the ground, the TERMINATOR-HSD microbes start working.
What if the concrete is hot in the summer?
When Concrete or Asphalt temperatures hit 150 F (65 C), the microbes can begin to die off. Long sustained high temperatures are harmful to the life of the microbes. In exceptionally hot and dry climates, we recommend treating in the evening. Also, regular moistening of the area after application is recommended.
What if I get it in my eye?
Flush with generous amounts of water. The powder is not hazardous to humans but could scratch your eye if not removed.
Should I wear gloves when I use it?
It is not necessary to wear gloves, but we recommend washing hands with soap and water after use. This product may cause dry skin if not washed off.
Get In Touch
(+64) 21 2490 292
New Zealand, Australia
TERRADIS Customer Contact Numbers
AU Commercial (Douglas Thomson) +61-4-23910-400
NZ / AUS (Glen Morgan) +64-21-2490-292 | USA (Tad Jones) +1-720-903-9591
Shop Online | MSDS & Data Sheets
General Conditions of Use | Privacy Statement | Linking Policy
Always read the lable. Use only as directed and adhere to MSDS and safety information
Have a question?
Feel free to send an email and we will get back to you with an answer.